Savory Shrimp Chowder
A delicious treat for the cooler months, try this delicious shrimp chowder made with a touch of wine!
Savory Shrimp Chowder Ingredients
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 bunch green onions sliced white part only
2 stalks celery minced medium
2 carrots diced small
1 tablespoon flour
2 garlic cloves minced fine
2 cups fish or shrimp stock
1-28 oz. can fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
½ cup Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio Wine
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
½ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon dried basil
1/8 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
½ cup heavy cream
1 ½ pounds peeled and deveined shrimp
salt and pepper, to taste
sliced green onion tops for garnish
- In a large stockpot, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onions, celery and carrots and sauté until the onions begin to turn translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add the flour and garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Stir in the next 7 ingredients and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the cream and remove from heat and let rest 10 minutes before serving.