White Bean Turkey Chili
Chef Mike prepares a wonderful Fall White Bean Turkey Chili made with your choice of wine or beer and a special spice.
White Bean Turkey Chili Ingredients
2 tablespoons oil
1 medium onion diced medium
1 green bell pepper diced medium
2 garlic cloves minced fine
1-pound ground turkey
4 cups chicken stock, *reserve ¼ cup for puree step
1 can diced fire roasted tomatoes (28 oz.)
½ cup Ogio Prosecco
2 cans cannellini beans, divided, drained and rinsed
1 cup shredded cheddar jack cheese, plus additional for garnish
3 tablespoon chili powder
2 tablespoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon cinnamon
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large pot over medium high heat and add the first 4 ingredients, sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the turkey and continue to cook until browned.
- Add the next three ingredients and bring to a simmer.
- Place half of the beans, 1 cup cheese and ¼ chicken stock in a food processor and blend for 30 seconds. Add the puree to the pot and stir. Simmer for 8 minutes uncovered.
- Add the last 4 ingredients and simmer 2 minutes. Stir in the remaining beans and remove from heat. Place in serving bowls and top with cheese.
Pinot Noir from Prophecy Wines
Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale from Boulevard Brewing Co.